As the largest ball-and-socket joint in the body, the hip is designed to withstand significant wear and tear. Although the joint is extremely durable, it is still susceptible to injury due to overuse and aging.
Hip pain has a number of potential causes. Noblesville chiropractor Dr. Dahlager can diagnose the source of your hip pain, and deliver non-invasive relief through chiropractic care.
Here the top five causes of hip pain Dr. Dahlager sees in our Noblesville office:
- Arthritis: The ball and socket of the hip joint are separated by cushion of cartilage that prevents friction with movement. Osteoarthritis leads to destruction of this cartilage, causing inflammation around the joint and pain with movement.
- Bursitis: The muscles and tendons surrounding your hip are protected by small, fluid-filled sacs called bursae. Repetitive motions and overuse injury can lead to inflammation of the bursae.
- Tendinitis: Tendons are fibrous bands of tissue that connect muscles to bone. These muscles can become inflamed due to overuse or repetitive motions.
- Muscle Strain: The muscles and ligaments surrounding the hip joint can also be strained due to overuse.
- Spinal Problems: Some patients to come into our Noblesville office with what they refer to as hip pain, but are actually suffering from referred pain related to sciatica, bulging discs, or disc herniation.
If you're suffering from hip pain, Noblesville chiropractor Dr. Dahlager can offer safe, natural treatment to get you back to walking, running, and living without pain.